In 2015 bblogger beauty bloglovin favourites followforfollow lblogger lipstick MAC product red review winter youtube

Winter Reds // Lipstick Review

Winter is my favourite time of the year. It brings jumper season, duvet days and dark nights. However, the main reason I really love winter is because I get to wear my favourite lip colours every day without looking like I'm a vamp wanna-be. 

Red's at this time of year are perfect. I would love to pull a Taylor Swift and rock a red lip every single day of the year but unfortunately I am not blessed with suiting a bold bright red. Instead, I'm more of a dark burgundy kinda girl! So, as it's now the middle of the season I thought I'd share with you lovely readers what my top 3 shades are. (And boy it was like picking a favourite child!)


The first shade I'm going to start with is the most recent lip shade I have added to my collection. Mac Diva. I have been searching online and in store for this shade since the beginning of October. It was sold out for months but finally it is back on the Mac Cosmetics website! Hooray! 
This shade is very, very, very matte. It's very intense burgundy shade and lasts on the lips for hours. Trust me, it doesn't budge! The only thing I find with this lipstick is that because it is so matte, it does dry out my lips quite badly, so I always apply a base layer of vaseline to soften my lips.

The second shade is from L'Oreal Paris. It's number 703 Oud Obsession from their Colour Riche collection. I've never owned any of the L'Oreal lipsticks before, but after this purchase I'll definitely be expanding my horizons and buying some more shades. This shade is a browny/red colour and is the darkest shade I own. It leaves quite a glossy look on the lips and is moisturising which is a bonus. I also adore the packaging of this lipstick. The gold makes the lipstick look classy and elegant.

The last shade is from one of my favourite drugstore brands, Rimmel. It's from the Lasting Finish By Kate Nudes collection. It is a more neutral shade compared to the other shades I have mentioned. The finish of this lipstick is very creamy which I love. You do have to reapply throughout the day. As it comes under the nudes collection for a more intense look you do have to apply at least two coats. However, it is a very wearable shade so you could apply just one for a more natural look.

Below are two pictures of swatches and links to the products mentioned in this post.


Swatches from top to bottom: 

If any of you have any other statement lipsticks for the winter I'd love to read about them in the comments below!

B x

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.