In 2016 bblogger beauty bloglovin hair haircare lblogger lifestyle thegirlgang winter

Hair transformation // Grey hair!


Hello lovelies!

This week I decided to chop my blonde locks off and go for a brand new look. Grey ombre!!! I absolutely love this look and want to thank my hairdresser so much for achieving it (even though she'll never read this...) because my hair was a total mess before she worked her magic on it.

After the hairdressers

I thought I'd do a blog post on how she achieved this look and how to maintain the grey, because it does tend to fade quite quickly and it does require you toning it at home yourself.

After a week


Before applying any grey dye to my hair I had blonde highlights put through my hair so that the colour/toner would take more. I had sliced foils put through so it was more natural looking. (Basically one layer highlighted, then the other not, then another highlighted)

After having the highlights done my hairdresser mixed a silver/blonde toner with Crazy Colours Granite hair dye. This was applied to wet hair and was applied all over. The dye was left on for about 20 minutes because I have thicker hair but you can wash the dye off in around 10-15 minutes if you have much lighter or thinner hair!

When it comes to maintaining the colour purple shampoo will become your best friend! I use an intensive shampoo and condition once a week and any other washes I just use the daily ones. On top of this I tone my hair by using the Granite hair dye and mix in some of the Silver hair dye just to dilute the colour. This is just my personal preference. For lighter hair you can just use the silver or if you prefer it darker just use granite!

I'd love to hear some of your tips for maintaining grey/silver hair in the comment section below!


*Disclaimer*
I know I have some explaining to do because I have fallen off the radar completely but blogging and drowning in uni work definitely took its toll on me and bloggers block was real! But I'm back and I have loads of drafts waiting to be publishing so watch this space.


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.