In 2017 bblogger beauty blog bloglovin fblogger followback followforfollow lblogger lifestyle personalblog thegirlgang

Blog switch up // The pill

Hello lovelies,

This post is going to be very different to anything I've posted on my blog before but I really want to start talking about real life situations and personal experiences because I absolutely love reading posts like this and find things like this can be super helpful. The other week I asked you guys on twitter if you'd like more personal blog posts and the majority voted yes, so I thought I'd kick this off with my month from hell thanks to the pill.

The contraceptive pill is something that thousands of women use and even though so many of us take it, it isn't something people really talk about. I was first put on the combined pill when I was 15 to help regulate my crazy periods. The doctor said it would make them lighter, shorter and less painful. How amazing?

For years I haven't even thought twice about being on the pill. I went to all of my check ups and did the usual weight, height and blood pressure checks and always walked away happy a larry with six more months of pills. This was until I was randomly put onto a different brand called Rigevidon. I was told by my nurse that my doctors have stopped stocking my original pill so this was the exact same ingredients and that everything would be the same. As much as this was true in the sense that the ingredients were the same, the quality of this pill was not and it made me feel AWFUL. 

Week one was full of mood swings and breakdowns. Week two was pretty much the same. I couldn't pin point what on earth was actually wrong with me but I just didn't feel good at all. And by week 3 I felt exhausted all of the time and the headaches and bloating I suffered from were insane. Me being me I decided to google my symptoms and see if anyone else has had the same problem and oh my god the internet was full of horror stories. Quick tip: Don't google symptoms EVER. It's never going to be good news!

 I finally decided to book an appointment with my new doctors who thankfully did stock my old pill but I was told to finish the packet before changing. I'm now back on my original pill which is Ovranette but I didn't skip my 7 day break like I should have. Woops... I've never really had any problems with this pill before and find I'm much more relaxed taking something I know I'm familiar with. 

My advice would be to go and talk to a nurse or doctor about any questions or concerns you have about contraception because it is perfectly normal to want to discuss your options. Nurses and doctors are there to help you and no matter what you want to ask they will try to help you.

I know this post is completely different to anything I've wrote on here before but topics like these are things I could ramble on about for days and I love reading stuff like this. So, every month I'm now going to be uploading a more wordy and personal blog post because I have so many things I want to speak about that normally just get swept under the carpet.

I hope you enjoyed reading my experience and remember that everyone has different experiences on the pill.

Love B x


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.