In 2016 bblogger bloglovin fblogger followback followforfollow lblogger positivepost september thegirlgang university

University tips // Prepping!

Hello lovelies, 

This time last year I was busy running around like a headless chicken trying to get everything together before I went away to start three years in Leicester for university. I found heading off to university both daunting and exciting. I went out and brought every single type of saucepan and started stocking up on essentials such as pasta. 

So, before you go crazy in Ikea I though I’d do a three part blog post series with some tips to help you before going away to university including prepping, saving money and how I found it best to manage my time. 

Todays post will be all about preparing for university and some advice on how to do so! Hopefully some, if not all of these tips will help make university life a little easier!

1. LISTS! 
Writing lists of things you need to get will make your lives ten times easier. You can write up your own or go online and find a pre-made one. You can write down different categories like things for your kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. I found making a list made me not forget anything essential.

2. Colour themes
Now this one may seem weird but having some kind of colour scheme for my bedroom made it so much easier when I was out buying bits and bobs for my room. It stopped me from going crazy and buying absolutely everything and instead made me look out for some nicer more suitable items. I also found by having a coloured theme for my room I was able to make it my own and it really helped with the home sickness. 

3. Get a REAL email address
By now I’m assuming lots of you have an email address that isn’t something like ‘princess2017’ because no lecturer or job application will ever take you seriously! Having a professional looking email address that you can contact your university on is so much easier. Everything will be in one place for you to find things and you’ll be able to use it for things in the future such as work experience or placement. It’ll also make organising things 10x easier as well. You’ll be able to link everything together on your computer and phone.

4. Facebook groups
Now I’m not a huge Facebook fan and I rarely use it other than to speak to family but during this time of year Facebook is full of university group pages that you can request to join. By doing this you can meet so many other people who are in the same boat as you and you can begin to make friends with people. From here you can even find some of the people on your course or who you may be living with if you’re staying in halls. I found this super helpful and actually met some of my best uni friends this way!

5. Get involved!
When you arrive at uni your first week will be a blur. There will be fresher’s fair, loads of events and you’ll be meeting so many new people. My best tip would be to get stuck in. Talk to new people and get to know your surroundings. I found starting in my halls was best and as I became familiar with everything I started venturing out around campus. Fresher’s fair is also something to get involved in. You’ll be given so many freebies and also get a chance to look at the different societies. Doing all of this will make making new friends easier and make university life easier too!

For anyone off to university this month then good luck! Just keep in mind that everyone is in the exact same boat as you and you'll be fine.

Love B x

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.